Sunday, April 15, 2007

Officially Taking a Break

Yes, I know it's been quite a while since I've posted...and it's going to be a while longer. I've actually had a draft of the next post for a few weeks, but I'm still waiting on some direction from God on what to include and how to say certain things. I'm not ready to put the next post up, but never fear, it will happen. :-)

Not to leave modesty completely out of this post...
In my statistics class, I sit with a guy who I know through one of my roommates. This past week, he came into class, and as soon as he sat down, I could tell he was in a bad mood. After the usual "hey, how's it going" small talk, he was quiet for a few minutes but then totally took me by surprise with what he said next...something to the effect of, "do you ever feel dirty just by walking around campus and everywhere you look there's a girl with a really low shirt or not a lot of clothes on?"

I wasn't quite sure how to answer this, as I don't react to seeing girls in the same way guys do. I don't feel "dirty," but I am disappointed and frustrated. I told my friend that I was sorry he had to deal with this, but I really didn't know how to make it better for him. He was also really upset by the fact that some of the things that one of his close, Christian girl friends wears cause him to struggle. He likes and respects this girl very much, but he was really upset about this issue. I was so surprised by how outwardly upset he was and that he was sharing this with me, as we're not close friends. As far as I know, he doesn't know that I blog about modesty.

Point of the story...girls, guys are frustrated by a lack of modesty, particularly with Christian girls. They're frustrated enough to vent to anyone who will listen. So girls, let's listen to them. As I've seen on t-shirts...keep on keepin' it on!

2 comments:

PJ King said...

Actually, considering that you're normal posting rate is once a month - you totally could have only posted the story and left out the "taking a break" section. You could've said you just didn't have time for a full post today. And then, in a month, after the semester is over, you could start right back up... on your normal schedule.

Haha.

Not that I'm bugging you to post more often - I get to hear your thoughts quite frequently.

Blessed son of the King said...

Excellent post Katie. Keep 'em coming whenever you get to it.

*** Don't let that PJ guy dog you about your posting frequency. ;) ***

Blessings to you both.

-- Chris' dad